My name is Stuart Potter. I am 36, married, with 2 beautiful daughters. I have been a keen cyclist since 16. I enjoy road and mountain biking, both of which are plentiful in the beautiful Scottish Borders where we live. I work for Edinburgh business communications company Veecom Systems, in sales and business development. In February 2011 I was diagnosed with clinical depression in February 2011, and now I’m learning to live with it.
Thanks to my Veecom colleagues, and also to my 4N associates and friends, who have been unstinting in their support, advice and assistance. Special thanks go to Sarah Urquhart, Scott O’Raw and John Galloway of the Velocast, Tom Harnasz, Sian Harris, Maggie Georgepoulos Judith Wilson and my hugely supportive wife Diana.
Read more about my story and my biggest journey on the blog.
A few of my previous cycling challenges:
- Twice competitor as part of pairs team in Strathpuffer 24 hour mountain bike endurance race
- 3 time entrant into CRC Selkirk 85km MTB Marathon
- 3 time entrant into CRC Selkirk 95mile Road Sportive
- Completed the CRC Selkirk double over two days
- Completed a 200 mile solo ride from Innerleithen to Middlewich in 14.5 hours in 2011
- Twice entrant into the Kielder100 mountain bike endurance race